|Blood Bag IV|
The Blood Bag IV found in DayZ.
|Category||Medical Supplies → Transfusion|
|Required slots||2 (1 × 2)|
|Variant(s)||• Blood Bag Kit|
|Swing time||0.5 secs|
|Blood Bag IV|
|“|| Whole blood product in CPDA Solution. Will last over a month when refrigerated, less than a day when not. Requires crafting on an IV Start Kit to administer transfusion.|
— In-game Description
The Blood Bag IV is a Transfusion item found in DayZ. It can be held in the players hands or put into a players inventory taking up a 1 x 2 slot. It is only found by crafting. The Blood Bag IV is also non-absorbent.
To draw blood from a player having the following is recommended/required:
To draw/donate blood:
- One player uses the blood bag kit to draw blood from the other player.
- Use the blood testing kit to test each player's blood for compatibility See: Blood types. Transfusing with incompatible blood will cause a hemolytic reaction.
- Continue to Infusing blood when ready.
To infuse blood to another player, having the following is recommended/required:
- 1 × Blood Bag IV (I.e. Filled blood bag kit)
- 1 × IV Start Kit
To infuse blood:
- Combine the blood bag with the IV start kit to create a Blood Bag Kit.
- Use the Blood Bag Kit to transfuse 1,000 blood into another player.
- If compatibility was checked using a blood testing kit, the recipient should not be suffering from a hemolytic reaction.
- Statistics obtained from DayZDB.