This article is currently under construction. It may contain little or inaccurate information.
Please expand or correct the article as well as you can.
|Portable gas stove|
A portable gas stove found in DayZ.
|Required slots:||2 (2 × 1)|
|Purpose:||• Heat for cooking food|
|Location(s):||• Residential • Supermarkets|
|“|| A specially designed cooking stove that is portable and lightweight for use in camping, picnicking, backpacking, or in remote locations where an easily transportable means of cooking or heating is needed.|
— In-game description
Used for cooking meat found from animals in forests
Like all items, the stove can be damaged if the clothing it is carried in is hit by projectiles like bullets which can ruin it.
The stove can be attached to any of the three gas canisters to fuel it. While turned on, the stove consumes gas from the canister attached. The stove can be placed on the ground and combined with other equipment for cooking.
It has been updated to cook meat. It is a smaller form of cooking meat, instead of a fireplace kit, wood and matches.
- It is smaller and more efficient to use a gas canister and a gas stove with a frying pan or cooking pot instead of a fireplace kit. This is because the fireplace kit takes up 4 spaces, 1 firewood takes up 4 spaces, a box of matches takes up a space, and you would still need room for meat. The gas stove takes up 2 spaces for the stove. You can attach the gas canister to it. Then you need a frying pan/cooking pot, which either takes up 3 spaces. You then have a lot more room for meat/other items.
- The gas stove is much harder to find than matches, so make a fireplace kit out of rags and sticks and stick to the campfire if you don't want to look and have a lot of space.
- The gas stove seems to cook slower than the fireplace kit if the kit has plenty of wood/paper.
- At night, your campfire can be spotted from a ways off, so if at all possible, use a gas stove.
- Gas is consumed while it is on. Turn it off to conserve gas when not cooking.