The UH-1H Huey found in DayZ.
|Top Speed On-road:||280 km/h|
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||1000 Liters|
|Armament:||2 × M240 machine guns|
|Rarity:||1-2 per server|
The UH-1H Huey is a military transport helicopter found in DayZ.
The UH-1H Huey has a cruise speed of 280 kilometers per hour. A faster speed can be obtained at the expense of altitude.
The UH-1H Huey has an armament of two M240 machine guns mounted on its side doors. The Huey has some armor that is resistant to small arms fire. One of the Huey variants has an olive drab camouflage scheme and the other has a desert camo scheme.
If the player ejects from the UH-1H Huey at sufficient height their parachute will automatically open and they will slowly descend to the ground. If the pilot is kicked from the server while flying, they will appear on the ground below where they were kicked - the helicopter, without a pilot, will crash. However, in update 1.8 players can change seats while in the helicopter.
- Northwest Airfield, at the northern end at grid coordinates 042 046.
- Chernogorsk, near the apartment buildings at grid coordinates 064 126.
- Stary Sobor, the military camp at grid coordinates 064 076.
- Devil's Castle, at the northern side at grid coordinates 069 039.
- Kopyto, north of Prigorodky at grid coordinates 077 114.
- Elektrozavodsk, eastern side of the city at grid coordinates 106 131.
- Rog Castle, at grid coordinates 113 111.
- Krasnostav, at the airstrip at grid coordinates 120 027.
- Skalisty Island, north-western side of the island at grid coordinates 133 121.
To completely repair (Green status) a broken (Red status) UH-1H Huey the player will need:
|Main Rotor Assembly||1|
As of update 220.127.116.11, the Huey's machine guns can now be rearmed/reloaded if a player is carrying M240 belts in their inventory.
The UH-1H Huey is the Bell UH-1 Iroquois. It is a single turboshaft, two-bladed, military helicopter known famously for its use by the United States during the Vietnam War. The UH-1H variant is an improved UH-1D with a Lycoming T53-L-13 engine.
|Engine starting, idling and stopping|
- If any of the windscreen glass is damaged or missing, the Huey may leak fuel.
- ↑ Sa-Matra, 2012, [GUIDE] Vehicles & Repair: Aerial vehicles types, UH-1H 'Huey', viewed 7 October 2013, <http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8535-guide-vehicles-repair/>.
- ↑ DayZDB, DayZ Map: Vehicles, Helicopter, UH-1H Huey, viewed 7 October 2013, <http://dayzdb.com/map#2.041.077>.
- ↑ Bell UH-1 Iroquois, viewed 7 October 2013, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_UH-1_Iroquois>.